Welcome to our library.

Over the years we have collected a number of historical documents relating to Troserch Woods. We have scanned a lot of these and are they are available below for people to download. In 2007, with the help of The National Grid Natural Gas Pipeline Company, we also published a booklet entitled A stroll through The History of Troserch Wood, described as a walk through Troserch Woods giving a brief account of ruins, reminiscences and other aspects of historical interest. This again is available to download below.

If you know of anything that may be of interest please get in touch.


Originally a printed booklet of 35 pages this short account of our history is now available as a free download.  Click on the link below:


A History of Troserch Woods by Alwyn Charles, author of A History of Llangennech.



Documents relating to the old Goitre Wen mine. Held at the Public Record Office (PRO).


Link to Cloth Manufacture in Medieval Lordship of Kidwelly, which has relevance to Pandy Bach, a fulling mill within the woods. Image shows ivy-clad walls of the remains of the pandy.


Sale of Troserch Woods to Forestry Commission by Stepney Estate 1955.        Download

Sale of Part of Troserch Wood to the Forestry Commission by Goitre Wen Farm in 1958.     Download

Sale of Troserch Woods by Forestry Commission in 1994.       Download

Various Maps.     Download



Check out our facebook page